Customer Success Manager
ExoFlare is an Australian biosecurity software startup, using data analytics and machine learning to rethink how to identify and respond to biosecurity risks.
We’re looking for a talented and motivated Customer Success Manager to join our agile, cross-functional team. We have flexible work conditions, including remote work (on an east coast timezone).
This is a ground-floor opportunity to help build and shape our solutions as we scale to solve a multi-billion dollar economic, environmental and societal problem. We’re generating revenue, with strong financial backing and a high-profile, experienced board and leadership team.
We’re developing a risk platform that brings together many different sources of data and applies cutting-edge modelling and machine learning approaches to help people make the right biosecurity decisions. Our software is currently used in the Australian agricultural sector, with channel partnerships to extend to thousands of customers.
There’s no shortage of complex and interesting engineering challenges for you to sink your teeth into in our empowered team. We believe in staying close to our customers, striving to turn complexity into simple and engaging experiences. We are values-based and embrace a culture of iterative delivery, with a strong focus on outcome and learning.
What you’ll do
As a Customer Success Manager at ExoFlare you’ll be:
- Listening deeply to, communicating with, and responding to customer queries and advocating for our user base with professionalism and efficiency.
- Designing and driving customer initiatives and engagement channels into our target industries to achieve business goals
- Maintaining a high level of customer engagement and satisfaction, a flawless customer experience, and fostering a culture of Customer Success excellence at ExoFlare
- Working closely with our operations, product and software engineering teams to onboard and support customers easily and successfully, with continuous improvement.
- Effectively communicating user needs to the remote product and operations teams, partnering with internal teams to collaborate and prioritise ideas and features that will improve our users’ support experiences, balanced against product development priorities.
You’ll have the opportunity to collaborate closely with our user experience, product and data science teams, by:
- Collaborating with and learning from a cross-functional team including engineering, user experience, data science, product and project management professionals
- Contributing to the longer term product vision with new feature ideas and suggestions
- Influencing the company vision through planning, design sprints and other co-design activities, and an open leadership team
What we’re looking for
- 2+ years experience in a customer service leadership role, with strong relationship management skills
In-depth knowledge of customer service principles and practices.
- Experience defining and working with customer engagement analytics
- Passion, commitment and proactivity around service quality, and stakeholder management.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills for diverse audiences, particularly via phone and video. Strong listening skills, ability to clarify and probe for understanding.
- Ability to efficiently communicate user needs to other team members.
- Self-motivated to proactively meet goals (of the role and the business). Ability to be decisive, collaborative and prioritise competing opportunities.
Skills that would be helpful:
- Knowledge of customer service software (currently HelpScout), and other relevant ExoFlare systems and tools. (e.g., ConvertKit, Notion, Slack, Google Workspace)
- An interest in improving Australian biosecurity
- Australian citizen or Australian Permanent Resident with permission to work full-time in Australia
- Currently located in Australia
Why you’ll like working here
- Opportunity to solve challenging and impactful problems
- Fast-paced, agile work cadence with huge potential for growth
- Autonomy and ownership of technical direction
- Strong connection and focus on end-users and customers
- Opportunity to influence and build work culture and company vision
- Welcoming, supportive work environment that values knowledge sharing and personal growth
- Flexible work arrangements and a remote-first culture for wherever “home” is for you
- Stock options via our ESOP plan, on top of your regular salary
ExoFlare is a proud Project F Program 50/50 Partner – we’re committed to gender diversity and equality.
People matter | Customer focus | Growth mindset | Purpose-driven | Diversity & inclusion | Openness & honesty | Quality
Apply: Customer Success Manager
Please note: No recruiters or recruiting agencies, please.